Three new Custom Services are now available. All were initially developed for campus projects and then adapted for use as a Custom Service.
Cataloging / Services / Custom Services – Reserves /
Re-index Course Reserves
This service re-indexes the Direct, Word and Browse indexes in the Course Reserves (30) library. This functionality was available via Web Services in v14 and v16, but did not work correctly in v18. Thus, OLIS removed it from Web Services. Now, the functionality is available in the GUI.
OLIS has hard-coded all the parameters into the program. For example, it does not matter which library is selected on the input screen; this service will always run in the 30 library.
Circ / Services / Custom – Circ Stats (Titles) /
Circulation Statistics by Item with Patron Information
This service lists bibliographic, item, patron and transaction information for circulation transactions within the specified time frame. It can be run on one collection code or on an entire sublibrary. Bib records with an STA field are not included. The output file is in comma-delimited format that can be used and manipulated in Excel.
There is one entry for each circulation transaction. Each entry includes:
· Bib info from Z13 short doc: System Number, Title, Author, Imprint, Year
· Info from item record: Barcode, Sublibrary, Collection Code, Call Number, Item Status
· Patron information: Borrower Status, Borrower Type
· Transaction information: Event Type, Event Date
The Event Type is an Aleph assigned code. A listing of the codes can be found in the Help file for this report.
Circ / Services / Custom Services – Items /
List of Items Containing OPAC Note
This service lists bibliographic and item information for items with OPAC notes. You can choose to retrieve all records with an OPAC note, or only those with OPAC notes that contain a specified character string.
Bib records with an STA field are not included. The output file is in comma-delimited format that can be used and manipulated in Excel.
Each entry includes:
· Bib info from Z13 short doc: System Number, Title, Year
· Info from item record: Sublibrary, Collection Code, Call Number, Description, OPAC Note, Item Status, Item Processing Status