TO: Aleph Contacts for Campuses hosted on the Shared Servers at ITEC
Starting the week of January 5, 2009 the OLIS and ITEC will be installing v.18 Aleph Service Pack (sp) 1871 on the DEV regions of Delaware, Saranac and Seneca. Starting the week of February 2, sp1871 will be applied to PROD regions on the shared servers.
Please review the following documents for specific information regarding the service pack upgrade. They are located at: http://tinyurl.com/4zuoul
- Service Pack 1871 Announcement (Service_Pack_1871_Announcement.doc)
- Campus Upgrade Schedule (Service_Pack_Campus_Schedule_2008dec18.xls)
Here is a summary of the process:
- Your DEV region will be unavailable for **one week** on the dates indicated on the attached schedule.
- Your PROD region will be unavailable during the morning on the date indicated on the attached schedule.
- Updates will be required for the Staff GUI client to work with sp1871. See the Service Pack 1871 Announcement for more information.
- The process for moving sp1871 to your PROD regions is summarized on the Service Pack 1871 Announcement
- Once your DEV region is brought down in January, you are asked to track any Aleph Unix table changes you make to the PROD region until your PROD region is updated with sp1871 to ensure that those changes would not be lost in the Aleph Unix table copy from DEV to PROD.
If you have questions about the service pack update process, please submit a Footprints issue and select the “Aleph Service Pack Updates” service task.
A list of Aleph Campus Contacts is available at:
SUNYConnect Program Manager
Office of Library & Information Services
State University Plaza
Albany, NY 12246