Note: the access info for the webinars is available via the OLIS Documents area –
http://tinyurl.com/4unmyp (pre-registration is not required)
360 Search – Webinar invitation (from Serials Solutions) —
As you may be aware, SUNYConnect’s advisory committee recently recommended that SUNY adopt Serials Solutions’ 360 Search federated search service. Serials Solutions and SUNY Connect invite you and any other interested library staff to attend a web-based discussion and demonstration of 360 Search.
In this session, we will:
· Outline 360 Search and its benefits for SUNY Libraries, reviewing successes at other institutions
· Discuss how 360 Search is implemented and best practices for libraries (both SUNY and other libraries) that have integrated federated searching into their web environments
· Conduct a live demonstration of 360 Search, including review of selected SUNY implementations
· Present and discuss substantially discounted pricing for SUNY libraries
These sessions and the corresponding business offer will be of value and interest for both current 360 Search subscribers and non-subscribers.
Sessions will be offered at the following dates/times next week:
· Tuesday, September 30th @ 11:00 AM
· Tuesday, September 30th @ 3:00 PM
· Wednesday, October 1st @ 10:00 AM
· Wednesday, October 1st @ 2:00 PM
· Thursday, October 2nd @ 9:00 AM
· Thursday, October 2nd @ 4:00 PM
· Friday, October 3rd @ 10:00 AM
Your attendance at one of these sessions is strongly encouraged. Participation in the SUNY pricing arrangement will be time limited and is highly recommended. If you are unable to attend one of the sessions, please contact Jeff Riedel at: jeff dot riedel at serialsolutions dot com to make alternate arrangements.